Monday, July 11, 2011

Part 7 of PML’s: How does a Voice Talent Prepare for a Session




We asked some of our top 100 voice talents to find out how they get ready for a voice session. Here is what Charlie says...

“One of the convenient ways to prepare for a session is to download the script for reading off the computer screen. I use Google docs, but if a document attachment does not work that way, I use WORD or PDF. In any case, I do not have to worry about printing out a script, whether from home or on the road.

I always pre-read a script and practice for attitude, pace and timing before recording. Usually the producer has sent directions and has made me aware of what they are looking for, and, in the case of TV voiceover, the visuals are either displayed or described. I always like to offer several options on a read, and most clients appreciate this.

My job is to make it easy, pleasing and worry-free for the clients. With those goals in mind, preparation tends to take care of itself. But, I must say, I learn every day how to improve - and every situation keeps me on my toes!”

More responses from other talents are coming soon!

Jordan Eckenrode
Intern, Propulsion Media Labs

No comments: