Monday, June 20, 2011

Part 4 of PML’s: How does a Voice Talent Prepare for a Session?


# 31- Chris R.


We asked some of our top 100 voice talents to find out how they get ready for a voice session. Here is what Chris says…

“The first thing I'll do is look over the script, making notes and checking to see if there are any words/names I'll have pronunciation questions about. If it's a timed script, I'll do a dry run with a stopwatch to find out what kind of pace is needed. I'll also make sure I have a glass of room temperature water handy. Since I'm also the engineer for about 95% of my sessions these days, if it's a phone session I'll double check my recording set-up and set my levels so I'm ready to go when the client dials in.”


More responses from other talents are coming soon!


Jordan Eckenrode

Intern, Propulsion Media Labs

No comments: