Monday, June 27, 2011

Part 5 of PML’s: How does a Voice Talent Prepare for a Session?

#63- Jon S.


We asked some of our top 100 voice talents to find out how they get ready for a voice session. Here is what Jon says…


“In preparing for any voice over job I like to make myself familiar with the script, and of course, the message that the client want to get across to the audience. Knowing the goal of the project helps me to understand the "feelings" that I must project. The other thing I always do is drink plenty of water in the hours prior to the session. Keeping hydrated allows more vocal flexibility, not only on voice overs, but when I sing with my band as well. The more water I drink, the better my vocal range.”


More responses from other talents are coming soon!


Jordan Eckenrode

Intern, Propulsion Media Labs

No comments: